obulogo bar

Overseas Players

Are you coming to play for OBU from overseas?  If so, you need to complete an IRB Clearance Form.

Before you leave to come to NZ, fill it in, scan/send it or hand it to your club/province & tell them they will forward it to the National Rugby Union of your country.


Once they have processed it, they will forward it to the NZRU, then to the WRFU then onto OBU, simple!!


These can take a bit of time, so the earlier you get on to it, the more likely you will be able to play for OBU as soon as you get here.


If you don’t complete a form until you get here, you will need to fill it in, sign it and scan it to OBU Secretary and let him know what club you played for and an email address of a suitable club contact.

If you have any questions/problems, please contact the Secretary.

(Click to email the Secretary here:  r).

You can learn more about OBU by clicking here to view the Player's Handbook.

Click here for the IRB Clearance Form.