Here are the movements for 2021 as far as we know!
- Taine Plumtree has been contracted to the Blues. Possibly back after Super Rugby TBC
- Dale Sabbagh has transferred to Norths for personal reasons
- Zeke Sopoaga has transferred to Petone to be closer to work
- Adam Clarke has also transferred to Petone
- Paddy Carter has moved back to Auckland for work
- Matt Sleith has returned to HOBM. We may see him during the season!
- Trevahn Ta’ufo’ou has moved to Christchurch
- Sam Combs to Hawkes Bay
- Jack Green retired
- Tai Durie to Poneke
- Antonio Vaka to Poneke
- Campbell Cowie to Wainuiomata
All the best to those leaving us, you will be missed.
We’ll look forward to seeing some of you around Wellington club rugby and to those moving from Wellington…. don’t be a stranger on the odd occasion you make it back to Wellington!
- Regan Verney returns from injury – he has played for The Chiefs, Northland & Taranaki since leaving the Goats in 2017
- Te Wehi Wright returns from the Waikato
- Luke Campbell signed with the Hurricanes. Unlikely to play many, if any, games for us though as he’s getting plenty of time with the ‘canes.
- Shamus Hurley-Langton. Well, he never really departed, but we did expect him to be playing his rugby in Manawatu after picking up a contract with the Turbos. Fortunately for us, he has been allowed to return to finish a paper or two and is available to play.
- Tobias Wickham-Manuel from Manawatu
Great to have you guys with the Goats and we’re looking forward to watching you play throughout the season.
Starting with colts initially but names to watch for the future!
- Owen Wright new to OBU (Aotea College & NZ Schools Barbarians)
- Dominic Ropeti new to OBU (Scots College & NZ Schools Barbarians)
- Treyah Kingi-Taukamo new to OBU (Saint Kentigern College & NZ Schools Barbarians)
Welcome to OBU guys looking forward to seeing you play and taking your career forward with us.