OBU Rugby Academy
The OBU Rugby Academy is a partnership between Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington and Old Boys University RFC.
Our Vision – To be the leading Rugby Academy that serves and gives back to the community of Aotearoa.
Our High-Performance Rugby Programme is designed with you in mind. This includes fun interactive training for both male and female athletes in pursuit of excellence. In our ‘waka’ we journey together combining our love of education with our passion for rugby, leaving a legacy for the next generation.
The Academy’s Rugby training programme runs from March to August, consisting of:
- An Assessment – of your current rugby skills and fitness.
- Strength & Conditioning – An individualised programme to improve your body composition.
- Technical – Developing basic and position-specific rugby skills.
- Tactical – Understanding the game.
- Personal Development Plans – Group and individual off-field personalised training.
Applications are now open for the 2024 intake.
For more information, please contact Tomasi Palu – OBU Rugby Director and Academy Lead via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 021 024 39895.
Only Victoria University Students playing rugby for OBU Rugby Football Club can participate.