The following was received on Monday night from the WRFU –


Good Afternoon Club Chairs, Delegates, Captains, GDO’s and Junior Convenors,

Firstly, thank you all for your assistance and resilience last week with changes to Rugby after the move to COVID alert Level Two.

Following on from last week’s correspondence, WRFU has been working through options for all grades of Club Rugby to be played this coming weekend. This includes all grades of Junior and Senior Rugby.

We aren’t quite in a position to share this with you this afternoon as we are awaiting Council sign-off.

What we can share for now is that we will be utilising Friday evening for three Senior matches, and utilising a number of grass fields on Friday Evening for Junior Rugby to be played under lights. We will also be tweaking kick-off times where required to create a buffer between matches. We appreciate this is abnormal and will create some challenges, however, if we didn’t adopt this approach we would be forced to cancel some grades.

Once the draw is signed off by Council we will share immediately. This is likely to be tomorrow early afternoon.

Please understand that this week is unique and we are highly unlikely to be able to accommodate any changes to this draw once published.

In the meantime we wish to reiterate that all grades are playing this Friday or Saturday.

Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to any member of the Community Rugby team.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.